Trending Stories

How To: Enable Facebook Timeline Beta Profile Now

We have explained about how to singup for Facebook Timeline beta program but many people are wondering how to get it now. There is a way to get Facebook Timeline feature right now. Facebook actually enabled their new feature for all the Facebook developers to let them to test new applications which may target Facebook Timeline. But developers need to to do few things before they will get invited to get new timeline feature for their profiles.

Facebook Timeline Cover Photo

One most important point to remember is that you can get Facebook timeline feature for your profile now if you follow below procedure but not all people can see this new version of profile view. Only Facebook developers can see your new timeline based profile.

I dont want to waste so much time talking about it, instead I will explain you how to get Facebook Timeline profile enabled for your profile. Follow these simple steps to enable Facebook Timeline and experience the one of the amazing feature of Facebook before anyone experience on the globe. Its bit tedious process but its worth trying.

Steps to enable Facebook Timeline profile right now

In order to get it, you need to have Facebook Developer account. Just click here to go to Facebook Apps page to create new Facebook app.

It will ask for your permission to access some basic information. Just click Continue.

Facebook App Request Permission

Once you redirected to new page, click on Create New App button which is located at top right corner of you Facebook page.

Facebook Create New App Button

Enter what ever you want in the App Display Name text box and then enter some unique name in the App Namespace text box. Namespace generally looks something like rak_app_test. You can use anything you prefer.

Facebook New App Creation Screen

It might ask you to verify your account using your mobile or credit card if you have never verified. Its easier and better to use your mobile number to get it verified. It may also safe to use credit card in case you do not have a mobile but it is completely your wish how you want to go about it.

Once your app is created, click on Open Graph in the left navigation menu.

Facebook App Settings Page

Enter simple info like “read” a “book” as shown in the below figure and click on Get Started.

Facebook Open Graph Settings Page

Do not change anything in the next page, just click on Save and Continue.

Same goes for next page, do not change anything just click on Save and Continue. Next page also do not change anything click on Save and Finish.

You are done with the process. Just wait for 1-2 mins then go to facebook homepage. It will prompt you to Get Started to use Facebook Timeline.

Facebook Timeline is one of the greatest feature I can think of. If you like the page let us know in the comments.

Read next: Is It Possible to Remove or Delete Facebook Timeline and Get Old Profile Back?

Filed in: Social Media, Tech & Gadgets Tags: , , ,

82 Responses to "How To: Enable Facebook Timeline Beta Profile Now"

1. KK says:

Awesome dude.. I got it. Thanks :)

2. cs says:

i can’t see the text in the box thingie

3. divith says:

thanx bro…!! :) its working

4. rakesh says:

rakesh : thanks man its realy easy and hlpful

5. Ange says:

Worked perfectly – thank you! Now to weed through all of those posts…

6. Kadheem says:

7. Ty says:

THANKS IT WORKED

8. rahul says:

but my time line profile is not seen to others…..its assual

9. It’s the 3rd of October isn’t fb timelime supposed to be released on the 30th of sept? Is there any other way getting fb timeline without going through FB Developer? cuz i don’t wanna add my phone number and all…

10. inrok says:

can other people see your timeline profile page?

11. header photo says:

Hi Rakesh, thanks for your collaboration!.

one question. is it possible to enlarge the header photograph. not the user but the other one. the bigger.

thanks!

12. tina says:

best explanation! Thank you:)

13. Gabe says:

Thanks, but you should mention that at some point it wants to send you a text message on your cell phone or you have to give them your credit card into…I don’t have an sms plan and no way I will give Mark my credit card info. So no Timeline beta for me!

14. Maura says:

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

15. joe says:

it didn’t work for me i follow the steps, have they stop it?

16. I delight in, lead to I found just what I was looking for. You’ve ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye
    facebook secret recently posted..1My Profile

17. Robin says:

Hi Rakesh
    I did it and I can see it, but no one else can see my Timeline, not even other developers. I can see their timeline, but they can’t see mine. I even tried deleting the app I created, erasing cookies and cache, restart my PC and do all the process again. My Timeline came back, but again, only I can see it, but my other friends with timeline can not (only I can see theirs)

How can I find the “publish” option button again?

18. Tishla says:

How can I go back to the old FB layout? Can’t be assed with this timeline beta.

19. zaki says:

Thanks that was very easy to follow. But I did not get prompted afterwards as you mentioned… what to do now??

20. dd says:

tks….anyay to change the backfround colour?

21. Jason says:

I HATE TIMELINE!!!

22. girish says:

how to get facebook timeline disabled i just need to remove ths….i m not able to do ths bcoz to diable it i need to delete the app but it shows nO apps found…how can i do ths pls help me out

23. Jen says:

OK. I have timeline. I deleted everything yesterday, including open graph. Then deleted the app. I got my old FB back. NOOOOOOWW the timeline is back. But my app has been deleted. So I followed previous suggestions and created a new app, only to disable it again, and I still have the timeline! Please help! I want my old Facebook back!!!!

24. Nouh says:

I never got a notification asking to use the new timeline profile.

25. carol says:

is there any way i can totally remove timeline? i removed few months ago and sudenly its going back and i cant cancel anymore. please let me know

26. Vinny says:

Hey I got timeline a few moths ago, but deleted it then it came back yesterday. I’t won’t let me get rid of it again even when i try your steps in creating a new app and then open graph and then delete the componants.

It just won’t work, Please help!

27. TevisR says:

I tried 3 times, doesn’t work for me.

28. Danny says:

when use the developer..n i go to the homepage,i saw,there is no box to get started the timeline

29. mickey says:

How to disable timeline when it says “no apps” ? I can’t delete any apps??

30. yortas says:

i m not able to diable timeline becouse it shows no apps found. help me please.

31. Rohit Choudhury says:

how to remove timeline????

32. Book reviews says:

I simply could not depart your website prior to suggesting that I really loved the standard information an individual supply in your guests? Is gonna be back frequently to check up on new posts
    Book reviews recently posted..1My Profile

33. wso reviews says:

Hi, i feel that i saw you visited my weblog so i got here to return the desire?.I’m trying to in finding things to enhance my web site!I assume its good enough to use a few of your ideas!!
    wso reviews recently posted..1My Profile

34. Can You Please remove Timelife?? I do not like it one bit!!

35. jahna says:

thanks.. it works :D

36. krish says:

hai! i follwd these steps!! but i cudn’t get the timeline profile!it doesn’t giv any notifications fr using timeline profile!
    just help em out!

37. Visal Aery says:

thank you very much sir…………..

38. benish says:

how to disable time line?

39. i did all the procdure given .. bt it didnt work

40. plx tell me how it ll plx

41. bees =) says:

get same problem.haissh.how to enable the timeline???yucksss.please tell me how…. =(((

42. jas says:

i did this and it didn’t work :(
    i made a new account so i could use timeline, please help me!

43. Excellent post. I used to be checking continuously this weblog and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info particularly the last phase :) I handle such information much. I used to be seeking this certain info for a very long time. Thanks and best of luck.
    We are a team of few broad minded and hard working people that service you as a subscriber to giving or offering you WSO’s. We will keep you updated daily. You only have to log-in and look for something that best for you. recently posted..1My Profile

44. Magnificent beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a weblog site? The account helped me a applicable deal. I had been tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast offered brilliant clear concept
    State Bank of India Personal Loan recently posted..1My Profile

45. zainab says:

please could anyone tell me how to remove timeline??

46. Suresh says:

thanks, very much useful

47. Default_User says:

Hi, Excuse me guys. I cannot use that…

48. AVE says:

Why do you change something in facebook??? Didn´t ask for it and I defenitely want the timeline gone. Have followed the procedure already but still that stupid timeline. Change it back!!!!

49. Maci says:

I had timeline on my old Facebook, but I made a new one because Facebook wouldn’t let me change my last name. The new one won’t let me use Timeline, And I followed these instructions and it didn’t work either. Then my boyfriend signed into his account, and the get it button was there for him.

I liked Timeline & I want it back. I don’t think it’s fair that some of us can get it and some of us can’t.

50. Kiran Naz says:

I cant find that steps , you have shown :(
    I activated my Timeline through my friends timeline. and now i want back my old profile but there is not present removal steps

51. Kiran Naz says:

I followed these steps.
    in search tab I wrote Developer and click on developer . but there is no mentioned that steps which can remove FB timeline :(
    how can i remove it plz tell

52. I hate the timeline want my old profile back not the darn timeline